mxteam.com, forum motocross et tout-terrain
>> Sommaire du forum - Aide - Recherche - Membres - b
Bienvenue sur mobile.mxteam.com, la version lecture simplifiée du forum!
Pour accéder la l'intégralité des sujets et des fonctions:
Voir la Version complète : vintage bikes of special interest to me
Mxteam > Infos générales Multi-Cross et Tout-Terrain > VMX - Classic & Vintage
scott cavalari
I'm going to start a thread about vintage dirt bikes that in some ways are special to me. maybe I owned one, had a friend who owned one, or wanted one. lots of different reasons, but whatever the reason, if it is here it is special to me, and if you have a comment about it I'd love to hear it.

the first one has to be the 1972 Yamaha 250 DT2MX.

I owned and raced one as a 15 year old, and for a 15 year old in 1973 it was quite a thrill. these aren't mine, but ones just like it.

If the right one comes along, I'll buy it!

They seem to go for around $1500 US Dollars in good shape, restored.

Maybe a little more if the bike has good shocks.

hurricane
xthumbup.gif Very good choice, Scott...
mxteam
$1500... blink.gif here I think we must have just the frame, broken engine and sure not the good tank...!
Can you send me a box of 2 bikes, please! biggrin.gif

Continue scott...
wink.gif
old mx
xthumbup.gif trés belles moto bravo scott
vincentimes.69
oldmx is saying : "congratulations scott, very nice bikes" wink.gif tongue.gif
scott cavalari
thanks to all of you. I really liked the 250 Yamaha, I'm still waiting to find a good picture of a 1972 360 RT2MX. That was another great bike.

The next one, and is also one that I owned and raced is the 1976 360CR Husky. This one here, which is in very good shape went for $2000 on EBay. I used to ride mine on the ice, enduro, MX, and it was a great bike. I also had a Preston Petty headlight on it and it was street legal. Can't do that kind of thing anymore. I had a friend who had a 370 Pursang and we rode a lot together, but once he bought a new 1978 400 Maico Magnum he left me in the dust every time.

But I was still faster than he was...

lets have a round of applause for the 1976 360 Husky CR. xthumbup.gif

huskysportsweden
Now you're a nice guy Scott xthumbup.gif
I look for a gaz tank HVA 1964/65 (with a white plastic cap), can you help me ?
specialy for you (the others know this bike)
my last work, HVA 400 1969

scott cavalari
CITATION(huskysportsweden @ 14 Nov 07 à 00:47 ) [snapback]216147[/snapback]
Now you're a nice guy Scott xthumbup.gif
I look for a gaz tank HVA 1964/65 (with a white plastic cap), can you help me ?
specialy for you (the others know this bike)
my last work, HVA 400 1969

great looking bike. want to sell it? biggrin.gif

I was recently talking to a friend about 60's Husky's. There was a 1963 4 stroke thumper on EBay.

And it was in Europe.

He pointed out that Husky didn't really start bringing many bikes to the states till the late 1960's, and that is why we see so few 1960's Husky's here in the US. But I'll keep my eye's open for you.

scott cavalari
time for another? 1975 KX 250. MY cousin had one. OK he had a 1974 but it looked just like this. And that bike really ripped. Light. Fast. Hang on and good luck keeping the front wheel down. When I attended the Vintage Days at Mid Ohio this past summer, which I believe is AHRMA's biggest Vintage MX event, I noticed there were a LOT of these green tank/down pipe mid 1970's KX's being ridden. I guess parts are fairly easy to get and for the most part cheap.

So I never owned one, but I rode one when I was...17. Great bike.

Ceci est une version "bas débit" de notre forum. Pour voir la version complète avec plus d'informations, la mise en page et les images, veuillez cliquer ici.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.